Do I Need a Pole Pad?
When you’re playing a game of basketball or practicing drills, you may brush up against the pole of your in-ground system regularly. Unfortunately, this can lead to impact injuries, bumps, bruises and other injuries. A safety pad helps minimize your risk of these injuries and helps keep you in the game for longer. When you’re playing an aggressive game of basketball or one-on-one especially, pole pads can save you a lot of “ouch” and can mean less time on the bench healing.
If you have a basketball pole as part of your hoop system, you need a basketball hoop pole pad to play safe. It really is that simple.
Choosing the Right Basketball Pole Pad
If you’re looking for a pole pad, you will want:
- Easy attachment and disassembly. Velcro makes attaching your pole pad fast and makes it easier to set up and take apart. Look for strong Velcro straps or attachments that are durable and will make it easy for you to set up your pole pad quickly. You’re more likely to use them to prevent injuries if they’re easy to use.
- Thickness and protection. The whole point of your pole pad is to help prevent injuries, and that can’t happen if it’s too thin. Look for a good thickness of at least an inch, an inch and a half or greater. PROformance has pole pads with a generous two-inch padding for ultimate performance.
- Durability. If you’re going to be using your pole pads outside, make sure they are made of weather-resistant and durable material that can withstand sun, heat, aggressive play and other heavy use. You want your investment to last.
- Size. Make sure your pole pad fits the size of your basketball pole correctly, without slipping out of place and leaving you vulnerable to impact injury. Velcro makes your pole pad adjustable, meaning you get the right fit.
- Appearance. Look for a pole pad that is simple in style and doesn’t distract you from the game. Look for one you like the look of as well.If you’re looking for the right pole pad for your in-ground basketball hoop system, contact PROformance Hoops dealers or check out our online catalog. Each of our pole pads is made from the best materials, and we pour our more than 20 years of industry experience into this accessory. Our pole pads have been designed by engineers and have been thoroughly tested by athletes, experts, customers and more to ensure they deliver the highest caliber of performance.